Thursday, December 23, 2010

Redefined Image... The Dream

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday. -Unknown Author

Exactly, that is exactly correct, I may not be there YET, but I am closer today than I was yesterday. Everyday I get a little but closer to achieving that dream of mine. Everyday little by little I get things done and I can see progress being made! This time is so exciting, the unknown, just like in a new relationship when we know we like the person, but it doesn't matter how serious it is or isn't, the fun lies in the unknown. The mystery lies in the unfolding of the story, not in the ending. I am in the middle of unfolding my story to the world, and it all begins with a vision, with an idea, with a dream.

Dedication involves making the space to let young ideas take hold; every tree was once a seed and every company was once an idea. -Zephyr Bloch-Jorgensen

My mom says that when I was three I would religiously wake up every morning at 6 AM to do my Mouse-ercises (in the early 80's this was a show on Disney that was an exercise program for children). I remember the show and remember leg raises being called scissors! I also remember as a child always watching my mom's workout videos, which was straight up aerobics leotards poofy hair and all!! And I used to LOVE them, I would memorize the words and teach my stuffed animals and dolls the workout routines. Some girls dream of being a ballerina or a princess, I wanted to be an aerobics instructor!

As I got older my passion and love for exercise grew and expanded. In 6th grade I began playing basketball. I was tall and lanky and not very graceful. My mom and dad didn't have high expectations of me. My dad was shocked when he saw me play, and when my mom asked how that first practice went, he told her with delight, ""She was actually pretty decent." From then on I couldn't be stopped. I played basketball, soccer and softball, I ran for fun and did Taebo and other workout videos of the time. I continued to play sports all through college. Six years after graduating I still exercise and play sports 3-5 times a week. I started playing tennis a few years ago and now I am addicted and actually watch the sport on TV with enthusiasm! I have also picked up yoga in the past year as well as constantly being interested and learning all different types of workout techniques. My point here is Fitness is my passion!!! I am always motivated to workout and eat right, and I know that a lot of people out there don't have that inner motivation to work out. Just like I have very little inner motivation to clean! Cleaning I don't get enthusiastic about, but lifting weights gets me hyped!

So for years I wondered, what is it I really want to do with my life? What is it I love to do that I could turn into a career? And one day while watching The Biggest Loser it dawned on me, this is what I want to do. I want to help people understand how important exercise and proper nutrition is. I want to help people understand that everything they need to succeed lies within themselves. Sometimes we just need help peeling off the extra layers that stand in our way. And a lot of time we need help peeling off those layers... and that is where I come in! I want to help people get rid of the old and bring in the new. I want to help people release whatever it is that ties them down!! I know that through exercise I can help others reach those thresholds, bust through them and re-create new thresholds to reach, continually progressing and succeeding. Through personal training I can do that for people. I can help people learn how to push themselves when it is the last thing they want to do. I can help them see our bodies are sooo much stronger than our minds like us to believe. We are so much stronger than we know. We don't know until we try.

I have created Redefined Image to help people achieve weight loss and fitness goals that they can also maintain for life. We are all already wonderful for who we are, but sometimes we just need to re-define who we are, not change who we are completely, but discover who it is we truly are! I want to help people discover something new about themselves everyday! Everyday is a fresh start and everyday is a chance to get closer and closer to that dream!

I still have a lot of work to do.But am reminded: "Confidence is the result of hours and days and weeks and years of constant work and dedication". -Roger Staubach So I am going to keep on keeping on!

UPDATES: Right now I am working on my website. If you are interested in checking it out and leaving me feedback please do! click here


1 comment:

  1. So proud of you and I'm so excited to see you get your business started! You are absolutely radiant when helping others with their fitness goals. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete